Levapren® (EVM) is a specialty rubber, that can cope with the growing demands of the cable and construction industry as well as the automotive industry.
Levapren® is a highly sophisticated material from LANXESS which offers an impressive range of exciting characteristics. Due to its outstanding compatibility with a number of fillers and polymers and its low viscosity, Levapren® is an ideal solution for a variety of formulation issues encountered when using conventional rubber substances. This rubber can also help to significantly improve the property profile of other polymers.
Properties & Benefits:
- High-tech polymer from LANXESS
- Ideal for absorbing high quantities of fillers
- Ideal for making zero halogen low smoke products
- Low viscosity ensures outstanding extrusion and injection molding
- Significantly improved characteristics in blends with plastics
- High resistance to aging, heat, UV and ozone
- Ideal for the manufacture of transparent and translucent products
Areas of Applications:
- Wires & Cable
- Floor Sheetings
- High heat cables
- Zero halogen low smoke fire retardant cables
- Single core cables
- Fuel resistant cables
- Fire retardant floor sheetings
- Low smoke sheetings
- Shoe Industry
- Special shoe soles
- FR Conveyor belts
- Hoses , seals
- Protective films
- Hot melt adhesives , PSA’s
THE NOMENCLATURE OF LEVAPREN
Levapren® is formed by copolymerization of ethylene and vinyl acetate. In principle Levapren consists of methylene units forming a saturated polymer backbone with pendant acetate groups. These rubber-like polymers are designated "EVM"(1) according to ISO 1629: 1995 (E) nomenclature. The presence of a fully saturated main chain is an indication that Levapren® is a particularly stable polymer. Degradation generally only occurs at very high temperatures and even then very slowly.
(1)In accordance with ISO 1043-1: 1987, the abbreviation E/VAC is to be used thermoplastics. The abbreviation EVA is also frequently used.